Popular Attractions Near Hanging Rock Cottage
Our private cottage is perfectly located in Victoria, Australia, within metres of Hanging Rock (Mount Diogenes), and just a short drive to many townships that feature restaurants, golf courses, boutiques, antique shops, craft stores, farmer’s markets, botanical gardens, state parks, spas, garden tours, winery tours, horseback riding tours, and so much more!
Choose Hanging Rock Cottage as your base and enjoy the hustle and bustle of events in nearby townships, then return after a busy day to relax and enjoy nature in your peaceful and private cottage.
Guests that stay at Hanging Rock Cottage can enjoy the many attractions near Hanging Rock and the eventful opportunities offered in the surrounding areas.
- Enjoy a picnic at the ‘Rock’
- Climb up the 105-metre summit for a bird’s-eye and take in the glorious panoramic views of the surrounding plains
- Learn a little bit of history about the mystery and unique shapes of Hanging Rock at the Hanging Rock Discovery Centre
- Yearly events at the ‘Rock’ include: Annual Harvest Picnic at Hanging Rock, Camp Out At The Rock, Run The Rock, and Hanging Rock Races
- Woodend offers visitors the opportunity to travel through time and explore a 19th century former resort town
- Popular attractions in Woodend include taking a tour of the Holgate Brewhouse brewery, the large private gardens, historical buildings and clock tower, antique stores, and independent gift boutiques
Mount Macedon & The Macedon Ranges
The Macedon Ranges area is becoming well known for offering delicious food and award-winning wineries.
- Join a guided wine tour, meet local winemakers, and be delivered directly to cellar doors to taste current vintages
- Explore the Macedon Ranges, including the “Camel’s Hump” and Memorial Cross
- Just a short drive to the north is the township of Newham, which is where the Hanging Rock Winery is located. Visitors can enjoy sipping on a variety of wines, stock up their wine collections, and enjoy the stunning views of the countryside
- Only a short 30-minute drive from Hanging Rock Cottage, Daylesford is well-known as spa country, offering visitors the unique opportunity to experience absolute relaxation and well-being with their natural mineral springs
- Appeal to your artistic side and find inspiration in the region’s natural wonders and diverse artworks by taking a tour of the local museums and galleries featuring creations by artists, painters, sculptors, ceramicists, metalworkers, glassblowers, printmakers, and visiting artists
- Enjoy decadent cuisine with reservations at one of the many first-class restaurants that Daylesford has to offer
- Gisborne offers visitors the chance to discover a town rich with history and culture
- Explore goldfields, botanical gardens, state parks, antique stores, craft stores, and the Gisborne Market on the 1st Sunday of every month
- Kyneton is well-known for its heritage buildings and architectural antiquities, gourmet restaurants with delectable dishes, and
- Discover the area’s rich history and cultural heritage by visiting the Kyneton Museum
- Spend the day searching for rare finds in the many antique shops, relax and picnic by the Campaspe River
- Explore Kyneton’s many natural mineral springs and botanical garden
Visit ‘Australia’s first notable town’ and explore what it was like to around in the 19th century during the gold rush